If you think summertime in Vegas is hot, wait until the 4th of July.
Las Vegas is notorious for parties, and this sizzling celebration is the city at its finest. Although you can get your fill of scantily-clad women, crazy parties and fantastic fare, the best part of a Vegas-style Independence Day is the fireworks. If you really want to make this July 4th one to remember, check out some of the hottest local spots for celebrating with fire.
- One Six Sky Lounge at the Eastside Cannery – This exclusive lounge boasts star appeal and the most dramatic view of the fireworks on the Eastside. No cover charge and wall-to-wall windows make this a favorite 4th of July destination spot for both locals and visitors.
- Stratosphere Observation Deck/AirBar on 108th floor – As the tallest building in Las Vegas, the Stratosphere is a good choice for watching the show. This is also a hugely popular destination for the 4th, so be prepared to wait in line for your chance to see the fireworks.
- Red Rock Resort – Even though this sweet spot is off the strip, don’t be fooled. The Red Rock is the local mecca for great entertainment and food on the Westside. There is a free 9-minute fireworks show starting at 9pm.
- Green Valley Ranch Resort – Designed to go off at the same time as its sister casino Red Rock Resort, the best viewing of these Eastside fireworks will be in the main casino parking lot or roof of resort’s Paseo Verde Garage. If you don’t have a player’s card (a must-have to get to the top), the view is still spectacular from the street.
- Caesar’s Palace – An icon of The Strip, Caesar’s offers a huge 10-minute fireworks extravaganza starting at 9pm. Although many people spend the 4th here, it is often over-crowde,d and the views are sometimes affected by the bright lights of the casino.
- Primm Valley Casinos – At a full 18 minutes, this is the longest fireworks display in the Las Vegas Valley area. The best viewing is behind Buffalo Bill’s Casino Resort and Casino in the Star of the Desert Arena parking lot.
- LDS Temple – This is a great way to get away from the crowds and traffic that plague downtown on July 4th. Although you can’t go onto the grounds, the quiet neighborhoods that surround it make a cozy place to set up a lawn chair and enjoy the view.
- Cannery Casino on Craig Road – Locals favor the laid-back atmosphere at this North Las Vegas gem. The best views can be found from the Pin-ups Lounge, where you can also enjoy live entertainment by some of the loveliest ladies in Vegas. It’s also a good place to park and watch the fireworks from the open desert along Craig Road.